Exploring Green Burial Consultations
Because green natural burials are not the “norm” in today's society, families who want this alternative may need a little support and guidance. It is ironic that the natural way of burial is now a specialized choice. We are working to change that reality—to make simple, sustainable burials a way of life.
If you are considering a green burial, our staff members are happy to provide you with general information about them—up to a half-hour free of charge by phone. You will probably receive all you need in this conversation, or in a meeting to pre-plan or arrange a green burial with us. This information might include:
- Support in finding the right green burial cemetery for your family and helping liaison with cemetery staff.
- Help with understanding differences between green burial and conventional burial.
- Help with choosing a biodegradable container.
In some situations, families may need additional consultation support, and we offer that on an hourly fee basis. Here are some instances:
- If you choose a rural cemetery that allows green burial but does not have a sexton present to help you with logistics and details.
- Education about opening and closing of the grave without a sexton, as well as equipment needed for lowering of the body, filling the grave, biomass information and guidelines.
- Ceremonial ideas and options for family participation.
- Upkeep and care of the plot and grave in rural cemeteries.